Tuesday, June 20, 2006


About Me!


I was born and brought up in Trichy a beautiful town in Tamil Nadu, India. Having born as a third son of a typical south Indian middle class parents, I was always required to focus on my studies rather any other extra curricular activities. Though I did not have much inclination towards anything in life other than studies, I did have a very good apetite for reading books.

When I was 12, I read 'Ponniyin Selvan' for the first time. I could appreciate the writing skills of Kalki at that age. Then on I would have read that novel for a cool 100 times (trust me...... no joke). After that I started reading Kalki's novels like 'Sivakamiyin Sapatham', 'Parthiban Kanavu', 'Mogini Theevu' , 'Magudapathy', 'Alai Osai' etc. Not only Kalki intruded into my childhood days, but also Jegachirpian, Ra. Ki. Rengarajan, Jayakanthan, Cho, Sujatha, Balakumaran took some of my childhood days.

I also grew up watching Tamil movies and listening to Tamil movie songs. Ilayaraja's Anthimazhai or Panivizhum Malarvanam in SPB's voice replenishes me more than a cup of caffeine on early mornings. My perfect day has always been, raising from bed listening to Ilayaraja's song, watching a very good Tamil movie on a DVD, spend an hour or two in a coffee shop with friends and end my day with a classic Tamil novel.

I did my schooling in E. R. Hr. Sec. School, Trichy and graduated from Shanmugha College of Engineering, Tanjore. I beleive both these institutions are great in their own ways. I am grateful to my teachers, lecturers and professors, whom I believe were institutional in shaping me up. But for them I would not be what I am today.

After graduation, I worked for Siemens Automotive Systems Ltd., Chennai and then for Infosys Technologies Ltd., Bangalore before finally coming to Ashburn. Now I am employed with SRI Systems Inc., NJ.

6 Comments:

குமரன் (Kumaran) said...

Welcome SathyaPriyan

SathyaPriyan said...

வருகை தந்து வரவேற்றமைக்கு நன்றி குமரன் sir. யார் மனதையும் புண்படுத்தாமல் எனது எண்ணங்களை வெளிப்படுத்த முயற்சி செய்கிறேன்.

மயிலாடுதுறை சிவா said...

வணக்கம் ப்ரியன்

வலைப் பூ உலகம் உங்களை அன்புடன் வரவேற்கிறது.

நானும் வெர்ஜினியாதான்.

தங்கள் ஓய்வாக இருக்கும் பொழுது
mpsiva23@yahoo.com மின் அஞ்சல்
அனுப்புங்களேன்.

நன்றி
மயிலாடுதுறை சிவா...

நாமக்கல் சிபி said...

//'Sivakamiyin Sapatham', 'Parthiban Kanavu', 'Mogini Theevu' , 'Magudapathy', 'Alai Osai' //
பொன்னியின் செல்வனை படித்த பிறகு வேறு எதை படித்தாலும் அது பொன்னியின் செல்வனுக்கு நிகறில்லை என்றே தோன்றுகிறது.

நீங்க இவ்வளவு படிச்சிருக்கீங்க! உண்மையில் உங்களை பொன்னியின் செல்வனை விட கவர்ந்த புத்தகம் எது?

SathyaPriyan said...

வரவேற்றமைக்கு நன்றி சிவா. அவசியம் மின்னஞ்சல் அனுப்புகிறேன்.

//பொன்னியின் செல்வனை படித்த பிறகு வேறு எதை படித்தாலும் அது பொன்னியின் செல்வனுக்கு நிகறில்லை என்றே தோன்றுகிறது.//
எனக்கும் அதே கருத்து தான் வெட்டிப்பயல்.

//நீங்க இவ்வளவு படிச்சிருக்கீங்க!//
நான் படிச்சது கடுகளவு கூட இல்லீங்க.

//உண்மையில் உங்களை பொன்னியின் செல்வனை விட கவர்ந்த புத்தகம் எது?//
இதை பற்றி தனி பதிவாக எழுதுகிறேன்.

sundar............................. said...

jsu now i've started ur blog hop its meaning ful....
s.sundar